Well, Harper Ann was one month on the 13th. We are closer to a month and a half and are slowly figuring out how to manage 2 and learning that girls are higher maintenance, well at least ours is. She likes to be held a lot more than Holt did and I am having a hard time telling her no, knowing that I will be starting work soon. While I don't have too many Harper Ann stories, she is still in the slug phase, the Holt anecdotes abound.
First, Holt asked Jonathan last night, "what is that in your hair daddy?" He was referring to the white hair sticking out in front. When Jonathan said, "just some white hair" Holt said "Daddy are you getting Old?" I almost fell out of my chair.
Another entertaining moment occurred when I arrived at my grandmother's to pick Holt up for Church on Sunday (he spent the night with my mom over there). He was in his underwear and told me he was in his party suit. When I asked what he was talking about my mama explained that he meant his birthday suit.
Then this morning, he was looking at his bare chest and said look at that mama, you see that hair. I have hair on my belly. He was talking about the peach fuzz on his chest. Then he looks me in the eye and says not like my daddy he is really hairy. Each day is full of moments like this and I love it. I look forward to sharing moments like this with Harper Ann and to new ones with Holt. Parenthood is an endless source of entertainment and joy.
No comments:
Post a Comment